Experience Timeless Elegance at The Mendocino Hotel
Mendocino’s only full service hotel—constructed in 1878—is situated on Main Street in the heart of Mendocino Village, directly overlooking the Mendocino Headlands and the Pacific Ocean, with easy access to deserted beaches, Big River, and shopping. The Mendocino Hotel & Garden Suites offers guests a unique combination of natural beauty, historic charm, and impeccable service. The hotel offers 51 accommodations: 26 unique and charming rooms in the Main Hotel, and 25 additional luxury rooms and suites in four separate cottages situated on two acres of lush gardens. Since the Hotel is located in the heart of Mendocino's National Historic Preservation District, you can easily walk to anything you want: the Mendocino Art Center, fine restaurants, the Pacific Ocean and Mendocino Headlands, art galleries, museums and historic buildings, beautiful gardens, and more.
The Historic Hotel On Main Street By the Headlands
Some of our guests may prefer one of our 26 elegant rooms in the lovingly restored Main Street hotel with antique decor, including some luxury suites with private balconies and breathtaking ocean views. The cozy Victorian rooms have a private bath, while the unique European-style rooms have a shared bath, and provide an intimate, charming and affordable way to experience the hotel’s rich history. All guests have access to a balcony where you may sip your morning coffee, or a glass of wine while watching the sunset at the end of the day. Then walk down the steps to the Lobby Bar and award-winning Victorian Restaurant.
The Mendocino Hotel Garden Suites: Situated On Two Acres of Gardens
The Original Heeser House Farm Building (1878): Lovingly Restored, with Three Charming Cottages Immediately Behind The Main Street Location. Nestled among two acres of lush Victorian gardens, twenty-five Garden suites offer king, queen and double beds. Many of the rooms offer fold out sofas for additional sleeping space. Each of these rooms were renovated in 2006 with new drapes, cozy down comforters, and pillows, and feature modern Italian marble vanities and cable TV. Many have fireplaces and balconies.
Our Room Categories
- Luxury Ocean-View Suites (Main Building Only) • $475 • Queen bed; separate sitting room with one double size sofa bed; balcony with spectacular ocean view; lace drapes and blackout curtains; Italian marble bathrooms; telephone.
- Luxury Garden Suites • $475 • King bed; separate sitting room, most also come with a double size sofa bed; lace drapes and blackout curtains; Italian marble bathrooms; telephone; spectacular garden views.
- Luxury Garden Rooms • $412 • King or two double beds. Oversized Romantic room overlooking lush gardens; some with partial ocean view; some with a small porch; lace drapes and blackout curtains; cozy down comforters; telephone; cable television; Italian marble fireplaces; can accommodate up to four guests.
- Traditional Garden Rooms • $352 • King, queen, or two doubles. Romantic room overlooking lush gardens, with Italian marble bathroom, telephone, and cable TV; some with a small porch.
- Victorian Rooms with Private Bath (Main Building Only) • $261 • Queen or double bed; some with direct access to common balconies. Charming, antique furnishings; lace curtains and blackout drapes; telephone. Accommodates a maximum of two people.
- European-Style Rooms with Shared Bath • $186 • One double bed; in-room vanity & sink; baths and bathrooms across the hall; bathrobes provided; charming antique furnishings, down comforters; lace curtains and blackout drapes; telephone; some with direct access to the common balcony. Accommodates a maximum of two guests.
- We have selected pet-friendly rooms; fee is $25 for the first day, and $15/day afterwards.
- Children Welcome.
- Rates are single/double occupancy. For each additional person sharing a garden room or suite, add $20 per night.
- Credit cards accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard & Visa.
- Cancellation fee is $30 with 7 days advance notice.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm.
- Check-out time is 12:00 pm.